Wednesday, June 29, 2016

The Best Day Ever

Neuchatel, Switzerland -- Rest Day

Hi, this is Dex again. When I woke up today in the tent, I was drowsy but well rested; and then I remembered -- IT'S A REST DAY!!!!!!"  Kylie and I got dressed, then set out for the chess board.

The pieces were huge, and we loved smashing our pieces into each other.  When everyone from the almost useless pawns to the brave Queens were fighting, it was super exciting.

After breakfast, we all went kayaking.  I was with Dad, and Kylie was with Mom.  It was a beautiful day, and we had one hour out on the lake.  It was amazing how smooth it was.  Dad and I were much faster after we quit hitting each others paddles.



Right after lunch -- and some great games of ping pong -- Mom and Dad decided to go into town (Neuchatel).  They left Kylie and me at the tent, entrusting us with 20 francs and a phone.  The first thing we did was go to the pool, which was shallow and cold, but fun because there were lots of swim noodles.  Then, we got some ice cream cones.  Kylie had white chocolate and strawberry and I got lemon and coconut.  They were delicious. Next, we went to the beach.  We tried to dig the deepest hole in the sand, but the sand was pretty rocky, so we had some trouble. When we were done, we walked back to the campground just in time to see Mom and Dad coming back.  They had a good time in town shopping for groceries.


Then, we talked Mom and Dad into going paddle boarding.  I was with Mom this time.  It was fun putting my feet in the cool water.  Later I started paddling and even beat Dad back to shore.  The rest of the day, we played more chess and climbed on the jungle gym.  It was the best day ever.




2 comments:

  1. I LOVED hearing the excitement of "THE BEST DAY EVER "! Thanks Dex!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The picture of the kids running is one of my trip favorites!

    ReplyDelete